My sister’s Brooklyn Carriage House is SO close to completion! I’m sharing the last few pics before all of the construction is complete. Only a few weeks left of what has been a very long process! If you haven’t followed along, click on the link HERE or onto Brooklyn Carriage House in the menu bar above to view all of the past posts.
- Let’s start with the facade. It was originally old, peeling paint. The chipping paint was power washed off the house and the brick cleaned. It looks so sharp against the new dark window trim and doors. I can’t believe how all of the details were lost in that nasty paint! The classic light fixtures are the perfect finishing touch.
- Front Hall. Remember the tile choices for the front hall? I believe the perfect choice was made. They look fabulous!
- Wood Floor stain. This was a difficult decision because each stain looked different in different rooms and light and narrowing it down to one was stressful. Paint is easy to change but a floor stain is a true commitment! They went with a mixture of two and it looks wonderful. The samples are up against the stone on the kitchen island.
- The entry into the home from the front hall. Here you can see how wonderful the newly stained floors look.
- Kitchen. It’s really a fantastic space, especially in the day with the large doors overlooking the backyard. The first few pics were taken a few weeks ago. You can compare those with the third pic and see how much progress has occurred in that time.
- Appliances. Rose is Greek and an amazing cook. Her new BlueStar range is on its way and the wall ovens installed. I can’t wait to eat her meals in this kitchen!
- Landing on the upstairs level. The kid’s rooms are along the back and the family room faces the front.
- My nephew’s bedroom and the progress made! Each bedroom has closets with built-ins to maximize storage space. We took a trip to Ikea and chose some neat light fixtures for the kid’s rooms. Once Alexander saw that his light fixture opens and closes with a cord, he was sold!
- My niece’s bedroom – I love the color and she seems to like it as well!
- Family room. This room is on the same floor as the kid’s rooms and faces the front of the house. The walls are painted in Benjamin Moore Pale Oak and the color is lovely against the white trim. Marie and Rose are now shopping for a sectional sofa to go along the right side of the room to face a TV that will hang on the opposite wall. We literally have spent days looking at Macy’s, Crate and Barrel and West Elm. The choices are endless and made more difficult by the fact that they want comfort, they have two kids and two cats but they also want it to look stylish.
- The upstairs landing off the master bedroom. This was the addition to the house. The doors open to the rooftop deck that overlooks the church across the street. The deck tiles are shown below. The other end of the addition is the master bedroom/bath/walk-in closet along the back of the house.
- Master bedroom. The light from these windows is beautiful, as is the view to the back garden.
- Master bath. The window is so nice to have and I believe the glass will be frosted for privacy.
- Master bedroom closet. How nice to have built-ins. Jealous!
And that is where it stands. They are so close to the end! I can’t wait to see it finished and furnished!
that patterned tile is everything!
Hi Cassie, Don’t you just love it? It is literally my favorite part of the house!
It is looking beautiful already I can just imagine how even more beautiful it is going to look when completed 🙂 there has been loads of work going on but it looks very close to being complete and then bottles of champagne at the ready 🙂
Hi Denise, Oh, you are so right on that champagne! What a huge undertaking and it is so rewarding to see it almost complete. I can’t get over how many decisions and choices go into a total renovation. Thanks and I will keep you posted with pics once they are in!
Thank you for bringing us up to date on the Carriage House. It is going to be a beautiful home! This has been such an interesting process. Good thing everyone was patient! Cannot wait to see the final reveal,when it is all decorated!!!
Thanks, Susan! I am also very excited for my sister and family to move in and have it become a real home 🙂 I’ll keep you posted!
Your sisters home is looking amazing! I’ve been following along and looking forward to seeing the finished spaces.
Thanks for sharing 🙂
Cynthia Chilson Finger
How exciting for your sister and her family. Such an amazing home. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks, Cynthia! It is very exciting and has been so fun for me to watch it all come together!