I’ve spent the past few days working hard to transform a very old empire chest into a “new” piece for my client. We decided on red and it is shaping up to be a true beauty! I am using the new General Finishes chalk style paint for this project. The color is just divine – Rembrandt Red!
This is the part of the project where I really get my hands dirty! I have applied many layers of wood putty, sanded it back and then repeated the process. It was necessary to fill in many spots where the veneer had broken off.
Here’s a quick little video on safety for you all to see 🙂 I’ll be back later today for the link party!