I was so busy last week with my parent’s 50th wedding anniversary. We had visitors from New York, Canada, Texas and Florida all here to celebrate. It was a wonderful weekend! Add having out of town guests with having my kids home from school and it was impossible to dedicate any time to projects. The downside of summer vacation! This week, I am really hoping to get a gorgeous, curvy dresser done to show you all. It is waiting in my garage just calling out…paint me, paint me!
Before the craziness of last week hit, I was able to try a new project that involves fabric and paint. Here is the table after a few coats of paint to the body..I chose a floral fabric for the top. Quite frankly, the most difficult part of this project was cutting the fabric to size! I then used Mod Podge to adhere it to the tabletop and let it dry overnight. After a coat of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, it was looking pretty neat. I added one more coat of paint and again let it dry overnight as it saturates the fabric and needs to really set before sanding. I then sanded it way back so the floral print only just peeks through.
It is very subtle and hard to capture properly with my camera so I apologize for the pictures as they don’t really do it justice! I love this idea and plan on trying it out on drawer fronts among others. My prototype!
love the effect it created! see you wednesday!