Tarpaulin is one of those household items that you don’t know how useful it is until you have one of your own. Tarp can be used for many activities along with, what is it most known for, protecting valuables from weather erosion. There are so many things you can do with a tarp that the whole family can enjoy, it doesn’t have to live at the back of the shed ‘just in case!’
- A sun cover/ awning – Tarp is an affordable way to create shade anywhere. Because tarp has many uses it can be used in many different environments. At home, the tarp can be attached to the house or windows at a height and then tied to a lower level to create a great deal of shade. If camping, the tarp can be used as an extra awning that can be attached to a campervan or tent. Again it will provide shade and protection from the elements. Or if you like to wild camp, the tarp can be used as your shelter. Simply attach it to two trees and set up camp underneath.
- A floor covering – Using a tarp as a groundsheet or floor covering can be hugely helpful. For example, if you go camping, you know the tarp will protect your tent from the floor and allow you to sleep in the dry. However, it can also be used when gardening. Laying the tarp down on an area of floor you want to kill off weeds or grass on will be the first step in preparing the ground for building work. In addition, why not use a tarp inside when you are decorating to protect furniture or flooring from splashes of paint. The size of tarps can vary dramatically in size, so make sure you check this before buying one.
- Protecting supplies – If you are planning building work, or have a project outside that you need to keep dry, tarps are excellent for protecting any supplies. The fact tarps are waterproof is one of the main selling points for them. The ability to make sure whatever is underneath a tarp is dry is what they are known for really.
Tarp and the Family
- Den building – There is nothing more fun for kids than den building, and using a tarp is the best way to create an outside den. When making dens kids will bring every soft thing they have to that den, and using a tarp when building a den means their soft items will be protected from the floor outside. It’s a great idea to encourage kids to think creatively and get them out of the house all year long!
- Slip and Slide – We all know how much fun slip and slides are, but they are so expensive and can break very quickly. However, a tarp is a cheap and easy way to have endless hours of fun with the kids. Simply lay the tarp out, turn on the hose and watch the kids, or even join in!
A brilliant company that supplies tarps and tarp attachments is Brumleve, this company has been established for over 100 years… now that shows something about how great a tarp is!
Please note that some of the links above and below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you. All opinions are my own.