Buying a new house is a worthwhile investment. You know this, or you wouldn’t have bought one! The thing is, the costs don’t stop after the house is completed. There are renovations to complete to upgrade the interior, but there are also maintenance costs for the exterior of the home to consider. Your house needs to be durable, aesthetically pleasing and resistant to the weather outside. You also don’t want to have the only run-down home in the neighbourhood, either!
You can spend a lot of money on your home and still not get it right with the exterior, but with the tips that we have for you below, you can upgrade your home exterior and make it look fantastic!
- The Roof. If you want to start somewhere with your home exterior, then you need to start from the top. The roof is the one place that you need to begin with as any issues with the roof and your whole home could be flooded and damaged. Residential roofing should be uniform to fit with the rest of the street, but you can also upgrade your roof to include skylights and other aesthetics. The roof upgrades include upgrading the guttering and fascias where possible. You need to provide your home with weather protection and the roof is a good place to begin!
- The Walls. Painting the exterior of your home may not have been in your sights, but it can brighten up the house and make it look good on the outside. It’s a cheap and cheerful way to upgrade the exterior of the house, and you can choose some beautiful colours to make your house stand out in a positive way.
- The Windows. Repainting the window frames is a nice way to upgrade the outside of the house, as is replacing the glass in the windows, too! You could choose to add shutters to the windows on the outside and paint them a bright colour to frame the windows, too. The windows are the eyes of the home and you can brighten up the home by upgrading the windows. This will also ensure that the inside of your home stays damp-free and condensation-free, too.
- The Doors. Changing out the front and back doors of your home will ensure your safety, and will also be a good place to begin with giving your home exterior a makeover. Painting your door a new colour and upgrading the fixtures and fittings can instantly transform the exterior of your home. The doors at the back of the house may not be seen by people passing, but upgrading it will still make the home exterior look good.
- The Lighting. Adding hanging lights or wall sconces outside the house will add some mood lighting to the home and help your guests to find their way. Lighting also helps to deter would-be thieves and stop them from breaking in.
The house should be your castle and you want your castle to look good!
Please note that some of the links above and below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you. All opinions are my own.