When you reach the point that you want to sell the house you’ve been living in for a few years, you may want to consider making upgrades to change the way that your home looks to add value. Those upgrades may feel like you’re chucking away money on a property you are going to be leaving, but it’s not! It’s going to be exactly what you need to make your home look fantastic, up the value of the house and entice people to come in and buy what you’re selling. You want to get the maximum that you can for your home so that you can buy your next house and keep an extra wedge of cash in your pocket. Below, we’ve got 6 simple ways that you can make your home stand out and change the way it’s valued to others. Of course, you don’t have to be selling your house just to make these upgrades, but these are excellent ways to add those zero’s!
- Convert your loft. In the roof space above the main house, you have a lot of old boxes for storage, possibly a haunted dolls house and some other bits and pieces. If you take this space and convert it into a functioning room for use, you’re going to instantly add value to your house. It’s an investment of cash on your part, but it’s worth it as there has been plenty of studies that show that this conversion is worth every penny you put into it as your home will be worth more!
- Look into bathroom remodeling. Your bathroom doesn’t have to be a boring room with just a bath and a shower. You can rip out the whole room and have a wet room for walk in showers and splash tiles all over the place. The bathroom is often thought of last as it’s such a small room, but you can change the way that your bathroom is received even by you, with a whole new one with plenty of space.
- Add an extension. You can add a glass box extension in the side of the house that gets the most sunlight, and you can even add an entire story to the top of the house if you want to. This will add value depending on the size and location, and your extension could create a playroom, a garden room, or even a guest suite.
- Upgrade the kitchen. Upgrading any built in appliances or tearing out the breakfast bar for a new one will change the value of the home. The kitchen has a big impact on buyer opinions and you’ll realize this right away!
- Call in the landscaper. A big way to draw the eye to your house is to landscape the front and back yards and get them professionally upgraded. It’s all about that curb appeal!
- Choose glass. Do you have a conservatory yet? This is an addition to your home that adds natural light and an airy feel to the house. Choosing glass chooses simple transformation!
Please note that some of the links above and below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you. All opinions are my own.